Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Judge Dismisses Defamtion Case Against Racist Blogger

                             Ms. Melican


Judge Dismisses Defamation Case

Judge Brian Davis throw out my defamation case today May 10, 2016. Judge Davis made it clear in a nice way we were not related.

I cannot say that Margaret M. Melican was a nice person. I suppose she like Aiden Kearney cannot help their obsession with mocking people. She writes for TurtleBoy Sports besides being its attorney.

When I asked the Court to allow my wife to help me with my paper because of my low vision, Ms. Melican mocked us by saying “I wish I had a wife”. This ridicule and mockery by her did not escaped the attention of the Judge who rhetorically asked Ms. Melican “So she could help you with your papers?”

He also said that he read my complaint and could not find that Aiden Kearney nor TurbleBoy Sports libeled or defamed me. He based his ruling on the general tenor and context of the defendant’s blog.

The Judge ruled that there was some political content to the blog. In so many words he ruling was that people can say the most outrageous things and it is not defamation as long as it has a political context.

Although disappointing the ruling will give guidance to other publishers and writers in Worcester.  You can call any politician or public figure such as Michael T. Gaffney anything bad as long as you mention some political issue which the politician has taken a position or not.

The ruling will help in my case against Michael T. Gaffney.
I was somewhat comforted that the Judge said that no reasonable person could believe anything that the defendants wrote, especially when they called me crazy and mentally unstable. The Judge implied that I was neither.

However there is a danger to the words of racist blogger like Aiden Kearney and TurtleBoy Sports. The danger is seen in the racist ranting of a City Boss against a dark skin Hispanic man on April 1, 2016. 

The City Boss was upset that the dark skin man was dropping his family off at City Hall and blocked his car. words were exchanged and the City Boss allegedly shouted f.cking a.hole n.gger.   

Kearney and TurtleBoy Sports has made it OK to be racist. This is seen nationwide as the Trump effect where the Ku Kluxers openly support Trump. In Worcester I call it the Michael T. Gaffney effect. Councillor Gaffney has been perceived to be a racist due to his many actions having disparate impacts on Black people.

For now we will have fight the racists and their bloggers with words. Those are not the only weapons in our fight for equality and justice. The fight against fascism will eventually be won in the streets, such as seen in the BlackLives Matter civil rights movement.

The City has investigated the racist incident where one of its Bosses allegedly used a racial slur in addressing a resident of the City. The City has refused to make public the investigation. There should be demonstrations and other events to force the City to release the documents.


That City Boss should be fired should it be determined or perceived that he made racist slurs to a resident of the City or any member of the public. Who would want to go to City Hall with people determined or perceived to be racists roaming its halls?

No comments:

Post a Comment